Alex's Update Issue 200
Monday 19 December 2016
This year has been busy, with destructive government legislation and action, but also some campaigns bearing fruit. See my quick summary:
- Saved Moore Park from SCG development
- Historic apology to 78ers
- Saved 28 Millers Point homes for public housing tenants
- Container deposits levy legislation introduced
- City of Sydney not amalgamated
- Inner city high school funded
- Caps on local government donations
- Against Powerhouse selloff
- Against Woollahra Municipal Council amalgamation
- Against massive fines for bike riders
- Against overdevelopment of the Crown casino
- Against land clearing laws
- Against crown land selloffs
- Against greyhound racing and animal cruelty
- For National Art School independence and site
- For strata rights including owners corporation power to restrict short term letting
- For passive recreation on Moore Park
- For a safe and vibrant nightlife
- For drug harm minimisation and pill testing
- To improve digital technologies education
- To save the Sirius building
You can see the list with links to details at HERE.
Update No. 200
This issue of my Update is No 200. If you find it informative and helpful, please pass it on to others who may be interested. They can also subscribe online for the email version HERE. Please call my office if you need a paper copy mailed out, 9267 5999.
There are so many events and activities during the holiday season! Both Woollahra Council and the City of Sydney publish events lists: www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/events and whatson.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au.
NSW Parliament and electorate offices close from 5pm Friday 23 December and re-open Monday 9 January 2017.
I hope you have a fabulous holiday season and wish you the best for 2017.