Phone / Service Referrals / Arts and Activities / Meals / Emergency assistance / Internet / Women’s Safe Space / LGBTQI+ Support / Pets
- boarding house outreach service, homeless outreach
- access to computers, internet, phone and printing
- information, social support and referral, including low cost accommodation information
- yoga, tai chi, English classes ($3-5 per class)
- aged care service
- playgroup (children aged 0-6), every Thursday from 10am – 12pm
- women and family safe space, alternate Tuesdays 11am – 1pm
- free lunch every Thursday from 2pm - 4pm at their ‘One Stop Shop’ (Centrelink, Housing, legal, domestic violence support, Pets in the Park)
Phone: 9564 7333
Location: 1 Bedford St Newtown
Hours: various hours for different services – see website
- Mon to Fri: 9.30am - 4pm (general)
"Following the recommendations from the Department of Health and in ensuring we are looking after our staff, volunteers and clients safety, Newtown Neighbourhood Centre has temporarily closed its front doors.
While our face to face service is no longer available, we are still here to support those who need it during this lockdown period. Our staff are accessible via phone 10am – 4pm Monday to Thursday on 9564 7333."