World Congress of Families
(Notice of Motion, Legislative Assembly, NSW Parliament)
Mr Alex Greenwich to move —
That this House:
- Condemns the World Congress of Families for promoting reparative therapy as a medical option, and suggesting that through medical and psychological treatment a person's sexual orientation can be changed.
- Notes that the Australian Psychological Society has referred to such treatment as harmful, and that reparative therapists have not produced any rigorous scientific research to substantiate their claims.
- Notes that you cannot pray the gay away.
- Notes that the World Congress of Families is mis-representing the views of a clear majority of Christians who value and love the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex community.
- Calls on the board of Australian Technology Park to ensure that no favourable treatment will be provided to the World Congress of Families for their upcoming conference