Resources and Support

As the Member for Sydney, Alex can help get information, address concerns and change systems, policies and laws:

  • with Representations to government decision makers
  • being a Voice in Parliament
  • helping with Electoral enrolment forms
  • supporting Local events
  • Community support letters
  • linking with Community funding
  • nominations for Community Service Awards
  • giving electorate Woman of the Year Awards
  • giving Seniors Achievement Awards
  • nominating Volunteer of the Year
  • awarding State Representative Certificates
  • arranging Congratulatory messages for special birthdays and wedding anniversaries
  • helping get Seniors Cards
  • nominating Justices of the Peace and providing JP services
  • arranging NSW Flags


Alex can make representations on your behalf to NSW Government ministers and agencies to help resolve concerns or get action you need. Information about the MP’s role can be found here.

This includes issues like:

  • Public transport
  • Social housing
  • Health services
  • Regional roads and traffic
  • Noise and construction impacts
  • Unfair fines
  • Environment
  • State taxes

State MPs don’t direct councils, however Alex can raise concerns with the key decision makers about council matters like parking, waste removal, development applications and local traffic.

Where your concerns are under Commonwealth Government laws and policies, Alex will refer you to your federal MP for their action. This includes, Centrelink, immigration and visas, aged care, disability services and the NBN.


Voice in Parliament

Alex raises local concerns in Parliament and asks questions, moves motions and submits petitions to push government into action. Alex takes part in Parliamentary Inquiries and Committees investigating specific concerns. He speaks and votes on legislation affecting constituents and the Sydney electorate and may develop private members bills where needed.

Information about how the NSW Parliament works can be found here.


Electoral Enrolment

Alex’s office can print and/or send you the forms or you can apply or update your enrolment at

Make sure you are enrolled to vote if you are 18 and a citizen – so you can have a say in who represents you in federal, state and local governments


Local Events

Alex attends local events and celebrations to support the community, hear concerns and report on his work as the local MP. He speaks regularly at groups and meetings about special issues important to the electorate or part of the community. Contact the office if you think Alex could contribute to your school, resident association, business chamber, AGM or special event.


Congratulatory messages

Alex can arrange for congratulations letters for constituents who are turning 80 years of age, 85, 90 and then every year. There are special celebratory letters for those turning 100. Alex can arrange for letters congratulating couples who have been married for 50 years or more.


Seniors Cards

Alex can help you get a Seniors Card giving discounts if you are aged 60 or over, who average no more than 20 hours' paid work a week. Ask the office for the form or apply online here.



NSW Flags

Alex can arrange free NSW flags to schools and non-profit organisations in the electorate. Contact Alex’s office for details.

Federal MPs can provide Australian flags and small Aboriginal flags.