14 April 2013
Local MP Alex Greenwich has welcomed $300,000 in new grants for community capital projects in the Sydney electorate.
“There are so many inspiring community groups and people in the electorate, and I’m pleased that these grants will help them update their facilities,” Mr Greenwich said.
The grants include:
- Upgrade of the community hall at St Johns Church hall in Darlinghurst;
- Upgrades to the gym and sports hall at the City of Sydney PCYC in Woolloomooloo;
- Painting of the Centennial Park Children’s Centre;
- Refurbishment of The Station Community Centre in the CBD; and
- Improvements to the Wayside Chapel hall in Potts Point.
“Many of these groups operate on shoestring budgets and cannot afford the major costs of much-needed capital works. This gives them a chance to fix long term problems,” Mr Greenwich said.
For further information contact Alex Greenwich MP on 9360 3053 (Electorate Office)