03 April 2013
What: Press conference calling for State Government to keep Rainbow Crossing
Who: Sydney MP Alex Greenwich, Mardi Gras Co-Chair Peter Urmson & Sydney's gay community.
When: 9:30am, Wednesday the 3rd of April
Where: Next to Rainbow Crossing, Oxford Street (outside Oxford Hotel)
- 15,000 have called on State Gov't to keep Rainbow Crossing
- Rainbow Crossing celebrates Sydney's Gay Community
- Roads Minister, Duncan Gay, inundated with requests to keep crossing
- Safety Audit says Rainbow Crossing safety risk is "Low"
- Removal of Rainbow Crossing could damage Sydney's global reputation
- Premier asked extend trial period for Crossing
For further information contact Alex Greenwich on 9360 3053