Vaccination is underway for the 1a groups in aged care and frontline services. Vaccinations for the next group 1b will start slowly on 22 March.
- adults aged 80 years and over, then adults aged 70-79 years
- other health care workers
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults over 55
- adults with a specified medical condition
- adults with a disability who have a specified underlying medical condition and
- critical and high risk workers like defence, police, fire and emergency services.
You can check your eligibility for the COVID vaccine: > HERE. People in the 1b category are next on the list for vaccines. There have been problems with the bookings system so delay booking if you are at less risk. Information about vaccines and the national vaccination programs: > HERE.